Have you invested time or money in your horse?
The financial investment in your horse is too important to go unprotected. Markel's All Risk Mortality and Theft coverage will reimburse you for the death, theft or humane destruction of a covered horse. Our mortality coverage is simple, affordable and easy to obtain.
Which Mortality policy is right for you?
Both our Hassle Free and Standard All Risk Mortality & Theft policies feature the same great coverage. Most horses will qualify for our Hassle Free policy. No vet certificate required on horses valued up to $50,000*.
Hassle Free Mortality
Choose if your horse:
- is between 91 days and 15 years of age;
- has an insured value not exceeding $50,000* (per horse);
- is not a race horse, Tennessee Walker, Racking, Miniature Horse, Paso Fino, Peruvian Paso, Draft, Halter Show Horses or Halter Breeding Stock;
- Buy Insurance Now using your Visa or MasterCard (Best viewed with Internet Explorer)
*Certain limitations apply. Please call for details.
Standard All Risk Mortality & Theft
If the Hassle Free Mortality program does not apply to your horse, our Standard All Risk Mortality & Theft policy provides the same coverage at an affordable price.
Thoroughbred Racing & Breeding Coverages
Markel now has an office in Lexington, Kentucky specializing in mortality insurance for Thoroughbred racing and breeding stock.
Please visit www.thoroughbred-insurance.com for more information and to find an agent.
Click here for more information on:
- Accidental Loss of Use
- Air Transit
- Permanent Disability (Loss of Use)
- Private Horse Owner Liability
- Stallion Infertility
Markel Insurance Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.