Do you own a horse farm, and need to protect your home and buildings as well as cover your equine liability?
Our Horse Farm Package (Equi-Farm) provides complete coverage for a horse farm including:
- Property insurance to cover your home and contents, barns, sheds, owned machinery, equipment, tack and livestock.
- Liability insurance to cover your home and your horse operation, on and off premises, including such operations as: boarding, breeding, racing, training, horse shows, and riding instruction.
Markel is the innovator of horse farm insurance. And ever since we brought our first package to the market nearly four decades ago, we've enhanced our products and services to meet your changing needs.
- Up to $1 million liability limit available
- Personal liability available for owner occupied dwellings
- Coverage for farm-related buildings such as barns, stables, hay sheds and arenas
- Farm Personal Property coverage for farm machinery, tack, equipment, hay, and seed
- Replacement cost coverage available on buildings and household contents
- Choose from Basic, Broad, or Special coverage options for all property
- Various property deductibles available
- Renewal loss free credit
- Enhancement coverages available
Care, Custody and Control – a “must” if you care for someone else’s horse
Disruption of Farming - loss of income due to covered cause of loss to a stable or barn
Systems Breakdown - increased causes of loss for damage or destruction of equipment and machinery, including electronic devices (i.e. phone, computers, security systems)
Livestock Coverage - limited mortality-named perils up to $2,000 per head; applies to owned livestock only
Coverage for jewelry, fine arts, guns, etc...
Sports Equipment Floater - covers equipment used for golf, tennis, etc...
Excess or Umbrella Liability (with limits up to $10 million)