Private Horse Owner Liability
Could your horse kick someone or cause property damage to others?
If you own horses but do not operate a commercial horse business, our Private Horse Owner Liability policy can protect you against legal claims that your horse caused bodily injury or property damage to someone on or off your premises. For example, if your horse got loose in the road and caused an accident or injured someone at a show, you could be held liable.
- Coverage applies on or off premises anywhere in the U.S., Canada, and U.S. territories
- Various limits available
- General Liability Aggregate limits are 3 times the liability per occurrence limit
- Medical Payments up to $5,000 included
- Can be added to your Mortality policy
- Coverage is offered for bodily injury and property damage, done only by a horse which is
scheduled on this policy. This coverage is not available to individuals involved in
commercial equine operations* (example: trail rides, riding instruction, race training,
commercial breeding, boarding or leasing of horses which you do not own), or if you own
more than 10 horses. If you are involved in a commercial operation, please complete our
Commercial Equine Liability application.
*Commercial equine operation where the insured is actively involved in breeding, boarding, training, leasing of horses and/or any activity noted above and receives monetary value or other compensation.
International Liability – covers horses taken outside the continental U.S. to specified countries for shows, exhibitions, etc.
Excess or Umbrella Liability (with limits up to $10 million)