Logo Markel Insurance Company
Equine Liability Farm Package Horse Mortality Our Horse Specialists

Commercial Equine Liability
Do you give riding lessons or board, breed, race or train horses?

If you perform any of these activities on rented or owned premises, you need a Commercial Equine Liability policy, even if you have other coverage that protects you for general liability exposures.  This coverage is designed specifically for all types of horse-related businesses, such as: boarding, breeding, racing, training, riding instruction, horse sales, horse shows, clinics, personal/pleasure horses and team roping/penning practices.  We also have coverage for independent horse trainers and riding instructors.

Coverage Highlights
- Liability limits of $300,000 to $1million are available for Bodily Injury and Property Damage
- General Liability Aggregate limits are 3 times the liability per occurrence limit
- Commercial general liability coverage applies on and off premises in the U.S, Canada, 
  and U.S. territories
- Fire Legal liability up to $100,000 at no charge (in most states)
- Medical payments up to $5,000
- Limited professional liability coverage for trainers, riding instructors and clinicians
- Personal/Advertising Injury included
- Products/completed operations included
- No liability deductible
- Defense cost paid in excess of policy limit
- Limited Athletic Participants coverage included

Optional Coverages
Care, Custody and Control – a “must” if you care for someone else’s horse 

Excess or Umbrella Liability (with limits up to $10 million) 

International Liability – covers horses taken outside the continental U.S. to specified countries for shows, exhibitions, etc.


Copyright © Markel Insurance Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.